Monday, October 1, 2007

# 13 week 6 Tagging and Social bookmarking

I must say I am continually learning - always to begin with the feeling that I am wandering around in a fog. I feel better when the fog lifts - it means I have some sort of understanding about this newness.
For this section I looked at Tags and Social bookmarking. in particular del.icio.us. I like the unstructuredness of social bookmarking. I like that tags are created by you and therefore have more meaning. I like the way tags work compared to folders in bookmarking and will want to revisit this in more detail. I like the way social bookmarking brings together the organizing, storing info and saving links to web pages. I am amazed at how much informtion is being shared this way.

Once again - re a previous comment - you need to have the time ( computer time) to fit this into a working day.

I did lke the way the You Tube Social bookmarking explained the process- Maybe I can use this approach as a trainer????
To be explored further .....

No comments: